Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons... Make a Pie



I try not to be shy in the kitchen. If I like something, I'll find the recipe, and make it.
Well, courtesy of Megan Currey's grandmother, I had quite possibly the best lemon meringue pie (sans the meringue) on Saturday. It was a literally, a slice of heaven.
Since then, I can't get enough lemons. We had a fresh squeezed lemonade with dinner, and now we are prepared to ring in the 2009 with pie. My hands hurt so bad from squeezing lemons, but I'm sure it will be worth it.


Unlike my mother and the rest of the Saldivar clan, I would rather have homemade lemon pie. Not Jello!
It's sinful.



I hope everyone is surrounded by the friends and family that you love on New Year's Eve and throughout the upcoming year. If you are in need of a resolution, you can borrow mine - be a better person. However that may be. It wouldn't hurt to either if I was a skinnier better person.
Here's a toast to a New & Blessed Year!

To my family, I miss you all, and wish I was home playing games with you all. I miss you all so very much, but we will see each other very soon. XOXO

Have a beautiful day and blessed day
The Wilsons

No comments: